Friday, 30 December 2011

Satisfaction

How do you enjoy something?
How do you live in the moment?
How do I learn to treasure things?
How do I stop making future plans?
How do I stop anxiety?
How can I rest in something?
How can I relax in situations?

I can't control my dreams of the future.
I could write for hours about things I want to do.
Some days are worse than others.
I'm serious I have 1,000,000,000,000 things. 

I want to go to India
I want to go to America
I want to go to China
I want to go to Afghanistan 
I want to go to Nigeria
I want to go to Somalia 
I want to finish college
I want to be more involved with henna storying awareness
I want to see I.D. Ministries continuing doing amazing work
I want to be married
I want to have children
I want to be a Missionary
I want to .............

Living in the moment is extremely hard when your a dreamer (and I'm a girl so factor that in as well) 

BUT............

I have now transitioned from being worried and stressed 
about how I have trouble of living in the moment to...


Understanding that it's okay to a certain extent. 


This is not my home. My home is not my home. My future life is not my home. 
Heaven is my home.

I'm beginning to find the balance of living in the moment and understand I was not made for this world.
Yes! Dreaming and being able to do those things will fill the holes, but spending eternity in Heaven will SATISFY. 

It seems as if I chalk things up way to much! 

So when I get "home" a nice bed nor a hamburger will satisfy
If / when I get married he will not satisfy
Finishing college will not satisfy
ect....

These are all so temporary.

So I will live in the moment and with that same breath I will understand that only Heaven truly satisfies. 





1 comment:

  1. I love this Jennifer! You are not just a foreigner where you are currently. We are definitely foreigners to this entire world. The closer we get to God and as our relationship with Him grows, the more apparent that becomes. But we can live in the moment and explore all the amazing places he's made, fall in love with a person He has made, enjoy the food He has provided along the way. All the while storing up our blessings in Heaven while emptying the gifts He gave us on Earth. I love that He is using you in such a big way. God bless Jen and see you soon! Love you, Autumn

    ReplyDelete